Friday, December 14, 2007

Nativity

In decorating my apartment for Christmas this year, I realized that I have a very small supply of Christmas decorations. This is okay, because I have a small apartment, and so what decorations I do have can adequately fill up the space. Plus we got a sweet live tree, and even though it is sparsely decorated, it is lovely. :)
However, there is one Christmas decoration that I greatly desire to have: a Nativity set. And not just any nativity set, but this one:
Willow Tree Nativity Collection
The Willow Tree Nativity set, designed by Susan Lordi. I have given other Willow Tree figurines to my mom for various holidays, and I really really like them. This Nativity is just BEAUTIFUL, and I love it. The only problem is that the combined price for the entire set is about $290.00!!!!! Honestly.... That's ridiculous, I know. But I love it. Fortunately, you can buy it in pieces. The plan is to buy one section at a time and eventually get the whole set. (Even better would be to get other people to buy it for me!) I'm anticipating that it will take me 5 or 6 years.

Until then, though, I still really feel like I need a Nativity set for my home (wherever that may be in the next 5 or 6 years). So as an alternative to the complete Willow Tree set, last night I purchased this Nativity Set, much more affordable at $19.99:














Isn't it cute??? AND, if you push the star, Junior the Asparagus sings "O Little Town of Bethlehem." SO CUTE!!!

Well... That's all really. I just wanted to share my excitement with you all. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

J. M. Richards said...

Oh! I've always wanted the Willow Tree Nativity, too!! I don't know what it is, but there's soemthing so beautiful in those simple figures. I like your Veggietales one! That's adorable. Junior was always my favorite.

Hey, since I won't see you before: Happy Christmas!!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Just happened here looking for a particular nativity set and noticed your post about the Willow Tree set. I located a store that is offering 40% off that set. Don't want to tempt you, but here's the link:
http://www.heritagegiftstore.com/p-1023-willow-tree-nativity-15-piece-gift-set.aspx
Good luck.

Anonymous said...

my mom purchased the this exact set from Cracker Barrel after xmas last year ON SALE !! so much more cheaper (i think she paid 90.00 for the whole set minus the creche)