Sunday, November 22, 2009

Six Things on Sunday

It's been a while... Just a few things that have been bubbling around in my head recently!

1. I'm working part-time at Starbucks. And yes, I really do like it! I like knowing all about the coffees and teas we have, helping customers pick what they want, making people smile when I remember their drinks. But it takes a special kind of attitude for me to be polite when others aren't, to take direction, and juggle 27 different tasks at once!

2. One of the unfortunate parts of working at Starbucks is that I have to work on Sunday mornings, and can only get to church every other Sunday. My soul starves when I don't have the blessing of a community to lift me up and bring me back into intimacy with God.

3. My small group just started a four-week study called the Advent Conspiracy. My favorite bookseller blogged about it here, and you can check out the website here. The four themes are worship fully, spend less, give more, and love all.

4. I've been rereading a lot of old science fiction books that my uncle got me hooked on when I was in high school. Part of me feels like a dork for reading books about dragons and telekinetic powers (different series)... but I also just love the stories.

5. Switchfoot's new album, Hello Hurricane, is fabulous. My favorite lyrics of the moment are from "Mess of Me." I've made a mess of me / I wanna get back the rest of me / I wanna spend the rest of my life alive / I've made a mess of me / I wanna reverse this tragedy / I wanna spend the rest of my life alive

6. Rabbits make great pets!

No comments: