Saturday, April 11, 2009

Garden, Phase 1


Well, today the girls and I got out and started digging!  Starting a garden plot from scratch is going to be more work than I originally thought, since we don't have the benefit of a roto-tiller.  But we are buff, tough girls, and we will kick this gardening thing in the pants!  We picked a 13x13 plot in the middle of a field in order to get as much sun as possible.  According to my dad, the first step is to turn over the grass with shovels...  Here are some pics of us working hard and getting dirty!



plot marked, time to start digging!















down to the last few shovelfuls!















it is finished!















(believe it or not, I actually DID do my share of the digging, I was just the one taking the pictures! :)

No comments: